Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gratitude Week 2

This week I am grateful for...

1. Airplanes- I've travelled by plane my whole life (I was only 2 months old when took my first plane trip) yet I still do not understand how such giant, heavy machines can fly through the air.  Without them my travels would be extra long and uncomfortable.  Because we have airplanes I have had the opportunity to travel to many different countries and have a number of incredible experiences.  They allow me to see the world and to be able to get home to my family in less than a day.

2. Howard Keel- I doubt any explanation is necessary.
I mean, he sings, dances, and makes a mighty fine cowboy.

3. Reading- I can't imagine what it would be like not being able to read. We read so much on a daily basis: street signs, movie titles, recipes, newspapers, advertisements, and much more. If we couldn't read, how would we communicate, other than verbally? Texting and emailing have become such an important part of our culture. I also really enjoy reading books. I love being able to be transported into another time and situation through reading.  I can't imagine not having that luxery. Reading is also a very important skill to have in school, and I also enjoy learning.  There are so many things we can learn from books and other resources.  So, I am grateful to my parents and teachers for helping me learn to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment