Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas

I haven't been blogging since I've been in Canada, as you may have noticed. And I'm sure you're all very upset by this. Sorry. Also, I have no pictures from Christmas because my camera battery is dead. Oops. I have been enjoying time with my family and friends, which hasn't left much time for blogging. Meh.
The last 2 weeks have been full of parties, puking, more parties, working, singing, eating, OPENING PRESENTS, playing games, laughing, shopping, eating, etc.
I love love love Christmas. There is just a certain feeling that accompanies the Christmas season. My family has some fun traditions; it just isn't Christmas without them. (You'll notice many of them involve food...)
-Decorating sugar cookies.
-Waffles for Christmas Eve dinner.
- Delivering homemade carmel corn and other treats to friends and neighbours.
- Attending Singleton's annual Carol Sing party.
- Watching Christmas movies (Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Holiday Inn are my favorites).
-Homemade cinnamon rolls Christmas morning.
-Waiting at the top of the stairs while dad checks to see if Santa came.
-Dad passing out gifts from under the tree, and watching everyone open their gifts one at a time!

I also enjoy focusing on the miracle of Christ's birth. As I have gotten older, what was once a story has become very real. We always read the Christmas story from the New Testament, and I love how Linus describes the true meaning of Christmas.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment