Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

End of Semester

The semester is officially over!  I survived!  The past 4 months have been some of the most difficult, fun, overwhelming, meaningful months of my life.  I have proven to myself that, with a little bit (or a lot!) of determination, I can do whatever I set my mind to.
Tomorrow I go back to Canada for 3 weeks.  I have been counting down for quite some time!  I wish I could bring all of my Utah friends and family with me, but I am really looking forward to some quality time with my fellow Canadians!
At the very beginning of the semester (the day before my injury) Tressa and I went to the temple and did baptisms and confirmations for the dead.  It is only fitting that we end the semester the same way!  This morning we went to the Salt Lake temple.  It was early and cold, but so worth it.  I love going in the mornings because it isn't as busy, so you can really take the time to receive promptings and revelation.  We were able to do 50 confirmations and 20 baptisms each.  (Normally we do 5-10)  It was an amazing experience to be able to spend a couple hours there doing the work for those who did not have the opportunity themselves while they were here on Earth.  I am so grateful that I live in an area with so many temples; I can pretty much go any time I want!  I have a testimony of the temple and of the ordinances performed there.  Also, they are just such beautiful buildings!
Is that not the most beautiful building you have ever seen?

For more information on LDS temples you can visit http://lds.org/church/temples?lang=eng.

No comments:

Post a Comment