It's my bi-annual blog post! A few of you have commented on my lack of blogging, so I'll give the people what they want! (Not sure why they want it, but here it is nonetheless.)
Back in January I decided to try as many new things as I can this year. I think I'm doing well so far. Would you like to know what I've done with the first half (roughly, I know...) of the year?
These are the things I've experienced for the first time in 2017!
January
•Axe Throwing - Our 'half-way through the school year' party was held at The Rec Room (it was actually my first time going there as well.). They have arcade games, food, pool, bowling, axe throwing, and a ton of other activities. Towards the end of the night a few of us decided to try out the axe throwing. It was a blast! I was so terrible, but has a lot of fun.•Weight lifting - If you know me, you know the gym and I are not even considered acquaintances. My coworker and I resolved to work out at our school's gym a couple days a week, and did pretty well until my rehearsal schedule started getting crazy. She showed me some weight training stuff (is there a special word for it? I don't know. Obviously.) I think I bench pressed 20lbs, so watch your backs because I'm pretty strong. I still hate the gym, but I discovered weight lifting is way more fun than running!
•Trampoline Park - With my lack of enthusiasm when it comes to physical activity, as well as some lasting paranoia when it comes to my ankle, a trampoline park is not somewhere I've ever wanted to go to. However, I had the opportunity to go to one in Red Deer for free so I jumped on it. (See what I did there? I'll give you a minute. Okay, moving on...). I'm glad my friends dragged me down there because I actually had a really good time. I got grippy socks too, so...
•Vocal Coach/Audition - I've taken voice lessons in the past and gained a lot of knowledge about music, my voice, how to care for it, and how to produce different sounds. This foundation was a huge asset when working with a new vocal coach with focus on an audition. I was terrified because I had never sung for anyone but my close friend Adri, but I super loved working with Erika as well. She taught me some new techniques and helped boost my confidence in my voice and acting abilities. It was definitely worth it as I got into the show and had an absolutely amazing experience!
•Book Club - A friend of mine organized a book club, which I think actually started at the end of last year, but I wasn't able to go until January, so I'll count it as part of my 2017 list. It's a small group of fabulous ladies that are so much fun to get to know. Our meetings are every other month and pretty much consist of snacks, talking about the book for 10 minutes and then chatting for a couple hours. I love having an excuse to read regularly and look forward to spending time with them. So far we have read All the Light We Cannot See (amazing!), Wuthering Heights (sadly, I couldn't get myself past the first few pages. Sorry Tiff! I tried!), The Help, and Go Set a Watchman.
I was planning on getting through May, but no one wants to read that much in one sitting. Who am I kidding?! I don't want to type that much in one sitting! More to come. Lucky you!
No comments:
Post a Comment