I'm back on the blog! Surprise! I honestly don't know where to start. Filling you in on the past year(s) is probably not going to happen, so let's just start fresh!
This is me. This selfie must have been taken on a special occasion or something because my hair is done. A rare treat for you! I absolutely hate doing my hair, much to the chagrin of my mother.
Anyway, I'm sure everyone says this, but 2016 was not anything at all like I planned it to be in my mind. First of all, I'm still single. Get your tears out now; I already shed mine. My brilliant plan for 2016 was to get engaged (just like 90% of the Facebook world) and get married in June 2017 (because when you're married in June, you're a bride all your life, obviously.) Perhaps I can push that forward a year. Save the date: June 2018! (But don't, because at the rate I'm at, it may be closer to 2028.)
Even though 2016 was a let down in the love department (I went on 1 date last year. Yes! Just 1. But such is life. Boys are dumb.), I did have some pretty great experiences last year.
-I went to Disneyland with my sisters
-Rode an upside down roller coaster for the first time
-Ran my first (and perhaps last) 5K and didn't even come in last place!!!
-I performed in 3 really cool fundraising events
-I moved out of my parent's house for the 3rd time
-I met some incredible people who I now cannot imagine my life without
-received really interesting personal revelation while reading the Book of Mormon
-I got to meet and snuggle my new nephew for a week
-I joined a book club
-I saw Newsies (live), The Drowsy Chaperone (live), Mary Stuart (live), Cossi fan Tutti, La Boheme, The Merry Widow and Handel's Messiah (live)
-arranged and performed a piece of music
-passed the WTK
-Learned to make lumpia
-mowed the lawn for the first time
-participated in a Face2Face broadcast with Elder Holland
-won an overnight hotel stay from Price is Right
-participated in the largest virtual choir singing the Hallelujah Chorus
That's a heftier list than I was expecting. I guess I really am #blessed. (Who started this hashtag business anyway?) This coming year I plan to take better care of myself physically, spiritually, and emotionally. I'd also like to go on more than 1 date this year, so fellas, help a sister out! More importantly, though, I'm determined to make 2017 the happiest year yet.
What are your hopes for the year?
I want to know!
Let's support each other and accomplish our goals together.
(That statement sounded more profound in my head?)
But seriously, I love you all. Thank you for all of your love, support and hugs.
Xoxo
"This coming year I plan to take better care of myself physically, spiritually, and emotionally."
ReplyDeleteMe too! What a good goal.