Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Days 2 and 3

Well it didn't take me long to fail that challenge! Ha! I'm just combining days 2 and 3 into this post, and all will be well again.
 
Day 2: A picture of someplace you've been to.
 



 
I went to Guayaquil, Ecuador back in 2006.  My dad took me with him as his optometric assistant on a Gift of Sight mission.  It was such an eye-opening experience, and a great opportunity to provide service.  I would love to go again sometime!  If you want to see more pictures of my Ecuador trip you can click here: Ecuador 
 
Day 3: Nicknames you have and why you have them.
 
My most common nickname is Ash.  I suppose I have it because it's so difficult to say my full name?!  There aren't many people, other than my family and close friends, that use this nickname.  I'm okay with that though; I don't really like it when people I don't really know call me Ash.
Another nickname I had when I was a little girl is Gretta Hornbuckle.  I'm not sure why it came to be, probably just because my dad enjoys teasing his daughters.  So, I was Gretta and my sister was Beatrice...the Hornbuckle sisters!
Some of my high school friends started calling me Smash, again I'm not sure why.  A couple of them still use it.
The last "nickname" I can think of is Aunty Ashley!  My sisters don't have kids yet, but my good friends' little boy calls me Aunty and I love it!
 
Isn't he the cutest?!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment