Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ballerinas

Last night my friends Shellie and Lyndsey and I went to the ballet!
Ballet West put on Cinderella, and it was pretty much amazing.
 
The Stepsisters were played by males, and they were hilarious. Hilarious!
 
I have always wanted to go to the ballet, and after seeing The Nutcracker at the movie theatre over Christmas break, I wanted to go a live ballet even more!
I have always loved getting dressed up and going to concerts and pretty much any performance involving music and dancing. I think Shellie and Lyndsey enjoyed it just as much as I did; it's always fun to go to these types of events with people that also enjoy them! 
The sets and costumes were so beautiful, and the dancing even more so.  Even though I danced growing up, I still don't understand how they can dance for so long and move their bodies the way they do.  It's not natural!
(Aubrey, I bet you're wishing you would have continued with ballet...Dancing Rainbow and all!) 
 
The three of us have tickets to see Lord of the Dance in April.  I can't wait to share my love of Irish Dance with them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment