I'm sure all of you were made aware...yesterday was my birthday! (aka my own personal holiday.) I have always loved birthdays (especially mine) and usually start counting down months in advance. I am now 22 years old. Yikes. Luckily I have amazing family and friends who successfully distracted me from the fact that I am a year older, and focused on celebrating!
My family sent me a package, which arrived last week. Apparently another one is on its way!!! They sent me some of my favorite Canadian foods (Smarties...the REAL kind, and stoned wheat crackers...delicious with cheese and pickles), NAIT sweatpants (so comfy), a homemade hairclip, and 3 seasons of MURDOCH MYSTERIES! ahhh my life is complete.
Yesterday started out with a delicious chocolate cake baked by my bomb.dot.com twin, Tressa. She makes a mean cake from a box! Seriously though, I ate about 1/4 of it on my own. After class, Tressa took me out for lunch at Zupas. Coconut on salad?...again, my life is complete. We got to spend the whole afternoon together before our night class. When I was finally released from the college prison (which I obviously love, or I wouldn't show up there every day) I headed over to Ginger's house. I just love Ginger's house. I could just live there!...which I have, on multiple occassions. Anyway, Ginger and Tara took me out for dinner and dessert. Paradise Bakery was our first stop. Their turkey&cranberry sandwich is amazing, as is everything else I've had there. We went to SubZero for ice cream afterwards, since I had never been before. They use liquid nitrogen to freeze the ice cream right in front of your face! Again, coconut...my life is complete. It was so much fun to go out with some of my dearest friends on my special day! Thank you everyone for making it such a great day.
Carli and I are having a birthday party this Friday. Let the festivities continue!
PS...for pictures check out Ginger's blog post: http://silentlybloggingaway.blogspot.com/?zx=683d64922d09c656.
No comments:
Post a Comment