I know you're all wondering how my weekend was, so, here you go:
Yesterday was basically the best day ever. Twin and I went to the Jordan River temple to do baptisms for the dead. That is honestly the best way to start a Friday. Or any day. But especially Friday. When we were finished we hit up the McD's drive-thru before heading to class. The worker made sure he mixed my mcflurry really well, and informed me that he "added some extra oreos". When we got to class, we both found out that we passed our biology quiz! Hooray! That afternoon I went over to Ginger's to finish our Switched at Birth marathon, then to celebrate her birthday! She had friends over for pizza and pie. So delicious! As you can see (or read), yesterday was basically the perfect day.
Then today happened....
I got up early and drove out to Riverton for my first dance class in 4 years. I was so so excited! We started by practicing some technique. We didn't warm up, which I thought was kind of strange, but it's a new school so I went with it. After going over some basic skips and jumps, we moved on to more complicated jumps. I had built up a lot of momentum for my leap, took off, and came down hard. I landed up on my toe (as a good Irish dancer always does) and heard the loudest pop I have ever heard. It took me what felt like forever to realize that the floor had not broken under me, but that my ankle just wasn't supporting my weight. It was the oddest sensation.
I was lucky to have a great friend and teacher in the class, who was willing to drive me to InstaCare. First trip to InstaCare! First x-ray! Hooray!
Anyway, the doctor there is pretty positive that my dear Achilles is torn. I didn't cry when it actually tore, just when he gave me the awful, horrid news. He did, however, put me in the same category as pro basketball players, even though it is for type of injury. So I'm basically in the NBA now. I'll be signing autographs all next week. When I was finally able to leave InstaCare, we went and rented me some fancy used crutches! I hate them. They hurt my armpits. That's about all the info I have at this point. I have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon on Tuesday. Thank goodness (again) I know Ginger, who works for an orthopedic surgeon. I cannot tell you the number of times Ginger has saved me life.
This afternoon my aunt&uncle carted me along to Peach Days in Brigham City. They were so patient with my slow gimpy crutchity pace. So far this unexpected trial has shown me how blessed I am with amazing family and friends. Even though my parents and sisters live far away, I have wonderful people around me here in Utah, and for that I am grateful.
Sorry this is another boring, picture-less post. I'll let you know how this plays out.
That is the most awful story I've heard in a long time!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you could come to my birthday party and finish our marathon AND I love being able to help you out with ANYTHING. Call me whenever! PS make sure your crutches are set like 2-3 finger widths below your armpits, if they arent it might help with the sore armpits.
ReplyDelete