Pages

Friday, November 21, 2014

Day 11...or something

I'll just give every post a Day # until I get to 30.  How does that sound??

I've never really had a bucket list, but recently I've come across a couple of things that I would really like to do!

1. Serve a humanitarian mission.  I've been on a service trip to Ecuador giving eye exams and glasses to the people there, which was an amazing experience.  However, a few weeks ago for Family Home Evening our Bishop and his wife showed us pictures and told stories from their mission to Romania.  There were responsible to many humanitarian projects during their time there, including giving wheelchairs to those who need them, helping people find housing and other resources they were in need of.  It sounded like an incredible experience, working with the Spirit to help Heavenly Father's children who are in physical need.  

Ecuador 2006


2. Train a service dog.  Recently on the news there was a story about a local organization called Dogs with Wings.  They train puppies to be service dogs!  The news story told about how they just had a large litter of puppies born and are in need of people to house the puppies and take them out in the community as they are being trained.  Also, since they added those with Autism to the list of those eligible for service dogs, the amount of dogs needed has increased greatly.  This also means that they need more people to help them train their puppies.  In one of the classrooms I'm working in, we have a therapy dog that comes in once a week.  I can see such a difference in our kids, and believe that dogs are a great asset to those with specialized needs.  Dogs with Wings only uses Labs, which I can't have in my parent's house, but one day I will help to train a service dog.
To learn more about Dogs with Wings, click here and hope that the link works!

1 comment:

  1. This countdown is fun! These bucket list goals are awesome! Those are really good ideas. I'd love to try that for myself. I started a bucket list too, it's pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete