Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Day 8

I'm pretty sure we're on day 8. If not, that's just what the title of today's post is going to be!

Today's post is brought to you by...myself and a place I would like to visit.

Salem Witch Museum
This may not be a place that you would think of when planning a trip, but for a few years now I have been wanting to go to Salem, MA.  
For starters, it's on the east coast, and I hear it is beautiful out there.  I have never been to the east coast of Canada or the States, and would LOVE to go, especially in the fall. I want to see red leaves!
Second, there is so much history out there.  My American family history dates back to the Mayflower voyage in 1620, and we know of some ancestors who were influential in the Revolutionary War.  I am related to Captain Nathan Hale, and there are a few statues of him along the east coast.  There isn't one in Salem, but everything is much closer out east compared to here in the west, so I could make a visit to see him too!  I would love to get a better glimpse at what life was like for them.   
My last reason for wanting to visit Salem is the Salem Witch Museum!!!  How cool would that be?! I have been intrigued by the Salem witch trials every since watching The Crucible in grade 11 English.  I would love to learn more about Salem's history and I love museums, so it seems like the perfect place for me to go!

Where do you want to visit?

1 comment:

  1. you would seriously love visiting out east! i'm grateful to grow up there cuz our family vacations were spent visiting tons of historical places! even then, i haven't been to new england! the salem witch museum would be really interesting! hmm i would love to visit the titanic. that's my dream ;-)

    ReplyDelete