Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Can you just tell me what to do??

You may be interested in knowing that I am basically uber frustrated.
That being said, feel free to stop reading now.
During first semester of ITP we had to create a 5 year plan.  That was 2 years ago.  Guess what?  I'm nowhere near where I thought I'd be 2 years ago. 
It's not that I haven't accomplished the things I thought I would by this point in my life, but that fact that I don't really feel like I have a direction; something to work towards.  Of course this isn't true, I'm just not sure what I'm working towards.
Being in school for the last 18 years, I've always had something to occupy my time and goals layed out for me.  Now that I'm a semester away from graduation I have to decide for myself what to do with my life.  I don't know if I can handle such a big decision!
The past 4 months have been especially frustrating.  I started job hunting the week I got back to Utah, and am still unemployed.  I left my class schedule wide open in hopes of working this semester, so I've had a lot of free time on my hands.  I've continued working towards a career in interpreting, but that hasn't been working out as quickly as I'd like it to.
I'm having a hard time dealing with not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing.
Can someone just tell me what to do?!
A month or so ago I seriously considered serving a mission, thinking that was the right thing to do since I don't have any plans (yet) for the next couple of years.  After deciding to go ahead with that I still felt super stressed and after a lot of prayer and discussions with family I decided to eliminate that from my list of things to do after graduation.  I no longer have that feeling of stress, but now I'm back to square one...what to do this fall?
You're guess is as good as mine.
I know there is a great opportunity coming my way.  I just need to figure out what direction it's coming from!
Although this has been a difficult semester, I've had some amazing experiences.  I'm grateful for those...they've kept me somewhat sane!
 
Here's some of the people that keep me sane.
Are you now as confused as I am?...Good!
If you've made it to the end of this post you have permission to tell me to put my big girl panties on and keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment