Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Gratitude Week 4 and 5

Where to begin? This week has been so very busy, but I have also had a lot of time to think about what I am grateful for.

1. The Plan of Salvation (It's a link! Click on it!) - At the beginning of the week my dear friend's mother passed away.  She had been quite ill, but her death came sooner than expected.  As I have done my best to support my friend through this difficult time, I have thought a lot about God's plan.  I am grateful that He has created such a marvelous plan for us.  I am grateful that I chose to come to Earth and follow that plan.  I know that each and every one of us has a purpose, and that God is always there to guide us and support us as we make our way back to Him.  It is comforting to know that we can be with our families, not only here on earth, but forever.  I am grateful to know that my friend will see her mother again, and I look forward to the day that I will be reunited with my family and friends who have already made it back to our Heavenly Father.

Me with my Dad's parents this past weekend.

2. Grandparents - I love my grandparents!  I am so grateful to have such wonderful grandparents who send me birthday cards, cook for me, cut my hair, make me handmade gifts, share their talents, and are such great examples.  Look how cute they are...
My Great Grandma and Grandma on my Mom's side.
My Mom's Dad.

My most favorite picture of my Mom's grandparents.  Great Grandpa and Grandma Robison.  He was a real live cowboy!

3.&4. (okay, maybe this is "cheating", but you'll just have to deal with it.) Hairspray - The musical and the product!  I saw the musical during its Broadway Across Canada tour in Edmonton, and LOVED it!  My friend Tami and I went together, and were pretty much singing along throughout the whole show.  I saw the newest Hairspray movie on a date with a friend. So, as you can see, all things Hairspray are happy memories!  My memories of hairspray (we've moved on to the product now, folks) growing up are both happy and...well, not so happy.  I've lost track of how many times I've been sprayed in the eye and/or mouth while mom was doing my hair for school, church, and dance! But, it always kept me looking cute, and kept my curls in place during dance competitions. (Remember Ice Mist??)  I am still grateful for hairspray keeping my hair in place. Hooray!


5. Idaho - Okay, get your eye rolling and funny looks out of the way.  I am grateful for Idaho.  First of all, my parents were both raised there, and the majority of my family still resides there.  Most of my summer vacation memories take place in Idaho.  I'm sure you're all thinking, "Vacation...Idaho...in the same sentence?" Yes!  I spent at least 2 weeks out of every summer riding horses, playing in the creek, and exploring the base of the Butte, and you know what? I loved it!  Sometimes you really have to use your imagination to come with ways to entertain yourself, but there's just something about the Idaho mountains that feel like home.  I'm grateful I get to live just a couple hours drive away, rather than a couple days. Also, they grow the best potatoes!!!


6. Mexican food - Canada is full of culture, but is lacking in the Mexican department, which is a shame because their food is so delicious!  There are Mexican restaurants everywhere you turn here in the valley!  I am grateful for the yummy foods!

No comments:

Post a Comment