Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Forget Me Not

Last night I had the opportunity to go to the General Relief Society Meeting at the Conference Center with Ginger, Tara, and Amy.  I sure love that place, and those ladies!  After getting situated in my special wheelchair seating, which I highly recommend, we were counselled and inspired.  I was particularly touched by Elder Uchtdorf's remarks (as I'm sure most everyone was).  I'd like to share some of what I learned...

The Forget Me Not flower has 5 petals, so he shared 5 things that we should never forget.


1. Forget not to be patient with yourself.
    - God is aware that we are not perfect, and those we think are perfect aren't.
    - We have a long term goal of becoming perfect.
    - Remember to celebrate your successes.
2. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
    - Am I commiting my time and efforts to something good?
3. Forget not to be happy now.
    - Happiness does not depend on the "golden ticket" in life; there is joy in the "candy bar".
    - Do not put happiness on hold.
    - Never stop striving for the goodness within yourself.
4. Forget not the "why" of the gospel.
    - We focus on what the Lord wants us to do, and how to do it, but we forget why.
    - When we understand why, living the gospel ceases to be a burden and becomes a joy.
5. Forget not that the Lord loves you.
    - I am not forgotten. (And neither are you!)
    - If you let that love into your life, He can dress and wound, and heal any hurt.

I encourage you all to read this talk, which can be found here: http://lds.org/pages/general-rs-meeting-2011?lang=eng.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED his talk! And the forget-me-nots are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete