Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"First" day of Summer

Okay, technically today is the second day of summer, but it has been nothing but stormclouds and thunder showers for the past few weeks.  Being the first sunny day in a LONG time, we had to celebrate!  I had the day off work, so my good friend Kaylie and I spent the afternoon on Whyte Ave.  We stopped at OPA! for lunch. Yum. After lunch we walked up and down the avenue.  As per usual, the shops and people did not disappoint!  Apparently it was pirate day, because we saw millions, yes millions, of people decked out in pirate hats and eye patches.  We went into a trendy optical and tried on retro frames, found fun trinkets at the Junque Cellar, and picked out jewelry at The Plaid Giraffe.  It was nice to be able to spend the afternoon outside.  Of course, no trip to Whyte Ave is complete without ice cream! 
After a tasty treat, we headed home to drool over Dr. Carter for a few hours. 
I mean, who wouldn't enjoy watching him work for a few hours?  Between episodes we tried out this fun snack http://pinterest.com/pin/46253750/ I discovered on pintrest.  They turned out to be quite delicious!
It was a great "first" day of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment