I'm home! It took long enough, but I finally made it. After 8 hours of driving (and hydroplaning) we realized, in Cascade, Montana, that my front tires were ticking time bombs. Note to self: always check tires before taking on a 16 hour journey.
We replaced the worst tire with the "dinky donut" and drove the shoulder to Great Falls, which is about 25 miles. Unfortunately, we arrived half hour too late to get new tires that night, so we were stranded in Montana over night. We were glad that the tires didn't explode as we drove 140 kmph (Dad was driving, not me!) through the mountains and send us flying down a cliff. Count your blessings, right? That night was still filled with frustration, so we found ourselves the most delicious pulled pork pizza I have ever tasted! We were able to get new tires the next morning, and drove the remaining 8 hours home, stopping only to refill the gas tank. Hey Dad...can you say "potty break"? I'm very glad to be out of the car!
My dear friends were up visiting for Mother's Day, so I've been able to spend the last couple days with them and their adorable son (my nephew)! I haven't seen them since Christmas. Eli has gotten so big! We took him and the dogs out to the dog park this afternoon. Have to take advantage of the sunny weather when you're this far north! Tonight we went to see Thor. I actually really enjoyed it. In the words of my mother, "Thor is a hunk!" Yes, Mom, he is!

Glad you made it home safely. I'm not sure travelling in a car long distances with your dad is such a great idea (sans Dead Man's Pass).
ReplyDelete