Today was awesome!
Its been a long time since I've had a Saturday all to myself. I'm usually attending workshops or events at the Deaf Centre. So when this morning's workshop was cancelled, I did a little jig of happiness and proceeded to sleep until 10am! Do you know how long its been since I slept in until 10am?!
After my Saturday morning breakfast of chocolate marshmellow cereal, I realized that I had the house all to myself! So I did what anyone would do when they have the house to themself on a Saturday morning: watched Gone With the Wind. This is one of my most favorite movies. I love love love the language they used back then, not to mention the gorgeous dresses! I can't imagine they would be very comfortable, but they are so beautiful. And Oh! Rhett Butler! Need I say more?! I did manage to get a bit of homework done during the intermission. Wouldn't it be amazing if movies still had overtures and intermissions? I think it would be. I would very much like to experience life in the 1940s.
Anyway, after finishing the movie at 3pm, I decided I should probably get ready for the day. I met up with my lovely roommates (and Ben) for a yummy lunch. We also found some yummy blueberry lemon poppyseed cookies!
This evening Carli and I wanted to get out of the house, so we went to Temple Square. While walking past the old tabernacle building we heard singing. Perhaps that isn't very unusual, but we felt it our duty to investigate. Our investigation led us to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Easter performance, which we were so graciously invited to watch. It was amazing! Such beautiful music! It gave me the same feeling I get when I go to Disneyland. Strange? Perhaps. But it, like Disneyland, is the happiest place on earth!
After wandering Temple Square we went to Red Mango for frozen yogurt. If you have not experience Red Mango...you MUST! On our way home we drove past a fireworks show, which was the perfect ending to a perfect day.
Now we're jammin' to the 80s tunes in our p-p-party basement! Could life get any better?

"Could life get any better?"
ReplyDeleteI submit that it can NOT!
What a funtastic day! Life is always more sweet with a little Rhett Butler! Did you know that the book is 75 years old this year? I read that in the paper today!
ReplyDelete